Wednesday

The Battle of Algiers

The Battle of Algiers give the viewer a very realistic view point of terrorism, this is what makes this film so impacting because of the realism. During the period of watching the film Battle of Algiers, I discovered many key aspects of themes the film was trying to portray. I think it reflects a very strong view point that brings out the realistic terror of terrorism. Throughout the film each side( The Algerians and the French) was shown equally to give a view point upon terrorism. Because of this misconception of showing each side of the terrorism makes this movie not have a real protagonist. I think one of the most impacting scenes is when the Algerians bomb the French civilians with three bombs. This scene is very impacting to me because of the use of showing the Innocent French people and children, this makes the viewer very sympathetic towards the French people and makes the Algerians look bad.

No comments: